We are very happy to consider content submitted to us for inclusion in focus magazine. All content will be reviewed and, if we love it, we’ll let you know and publish at our earliest convenience.
We love bringing relevant and original content to our readers so we do require that any submissions remain exclusive to us for the duration of the dates of the magazine that your article appears in. This means that any submissions for consideration for our magazine cannot be submitted to any other blog/online or print magazine or newspaper nor can they have been featured on any other blog/online, print magazine or newspaper prior to being featured in focus magazine.
Featured articles on businesses or products will, however, not be considered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for our advertising rates and more information on these types of posts. Articles on specific people may be considered if they are thought to be informative, educational, inspiring and/or motivational and the article is ‘non-salesy’.
We suggest you read our magazine to develop a sense of what we publish. You can see past editions online here.
It's time to submit your article!
Below are some guidelines to assist you in getting your informative and inspiring articles onto our pages!
- Written articles should be a minimum 600 words and maximum 750 words in length. Travel articles can extend to a maximum of 900 words.
- We usually require relevant high-resolution, good quality images for general articles and will require at least 8-10 good high-res images for travel articles. NB. You must own and/or have permission to use any image you supply (we will not use stockphotos supplied to us). However, there is no guarantee we will use it/them as we want your content to reflect the look and feel of the magazine.The more your content looks part of our brand and site the better for you!
- Send us your name and, if relevant, your business name for inclusion.
- Ensure you include a 75 word bio written in the third person.
- Please include a professional headshot as we may use this at the end of the article.
- Please note that once your article has been submitted there are no corrections (so make sure it is all correct before you send!). Your article has more chance of being accepted if minimal corrections need to be made.
- The editor has the right to sub-edit content for spelling, grammar and readability.
- Content MUST be exclusive to focus
To be considered for inclusion in the next issue all content must be received at least 7 weeks before each publication comes out. We do, however, reserve the right to use content at our discretion either in an upcoming issue of our choice or in our daily publishing.
WHERE DO I SEND MY ARTICLE?
Send your editorial in Word format to email@example.com. Images should be sent via Dropbox or Wetransfer. Or fill in the form above!
Does focus magazine accept pitches?
No! Our editorial team will only review a full draft of your article. What determines an article’s fit is its approach, readability and value for our readers. We want to put our best foot forward – and yours too – and we only get a full appreciation of an article by reading it in its entirety.
When will I know if my submission will be featured?
We’re always excited to see new work pop into our email and we really appreciate all the hard work and effort you’ve gone to! If we think your submission fits our readers, we will contact you within 14 days from your submission date. If not, we will let you know as well, so you can submit it elsewhere!
What style should my content be?
Remember that our articles are aimed at encouraging, inspiring, empowering and educating women. The articles should be a positive and uplifting experience for women.
Who is our target audience?
Our readers are savvy females, aged 25-65 (although we do have loads of readers older than this!) Our readers often own their own business; many are mothers and most of all they desire to live their best life. They are looking for enrichment, encouragement, mind and body nourishment, information, relaxation and inspiration.
Can I promote an offer or my services in the content?
The short answer is no. If you wish to give a service or product away, we have a ‘Competitions Page’. Please contact us directly for more details on this firstname.lastname@example.org
Am I able to supply a featured image to go with the content?
Absolutely! But these must be high-resolution, good quality photographs and you must own and/or have permission to use any image you supply (we will not use stockphotos supplied to us). However, there is no guarantee we will use it/them as we want your content to reflect the look and feel of the site. The more your content looks part of our brand and site the better for you!
What should I send you?
- High res images relating to the article – not stockphotos. Make sure you have permission to use these images!
- Relevant captions for images
- Short bio of writer
- Head shot (high-res) of writer
- Contact details of writer – including mobile phone number