Indulge in this decadent velvet raspberry chocolate and know you are nourishing your body with this food. It is all so good for you:
- The cacao is high in antioxidants (it does contain caffeine so eat it earlier in the day).
- The coconut oil helps protect against heart disease.
- The honey provides us with lots of enzymes and the Manuka honey is antibacterial.
- The raspberries have polyphenols that have a range of potential properties to protect against cancer and heart disease.
100gms cacao butter (purchased at health food shops)
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
½ cup cacao powder
½ cup fresh (or dried or defrosted) and drained raspberries
- Melt cacao butter gently and allow to cool.
- Add honey to cooled cacao butter then stir in sifted cacao powder and mix well.
- Pour mixture into ice cubes and plop raspberries on top.
- Freeze until set then pop them out.
Store the chocolate in the fridge in air tight container.