Skye Blue Kitchens The Baking Bag mix allows you to make the most delicious gluten free shortbread, cakes, slices, pancakes and more. We went for a chocolate brownie.
- 150g Skye Blue Kitchens Baking Bag Mix
- 180g dark chocolate 62% (For dairy-free use Sweet William gluten/dairy-free chocolate)
- 160g butter (For dairy-free use Olivani)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ⅓cup soft brown sugar
- 50g chopped pecan nuts, walnuts or almonds
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Grease and line bottom and sides of a 20cm round, loose base tin.
- In a medium sized saucepan, gently melt the chocolate and butter. Mix well then set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. Next add the chocolate mix and whisk gently to combine. Still whisking, add the flour mix (this will help to avoid lumps). Pour into the tin then scatter with the chopped nuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the centre but still remaining soft and gooey. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack. Serve plain, dusted with a little cinnamon icing sugar or, as a special treat,with a dollop of cream or coconut yoghurt.
Hot tip! This brownie freezes well.
Purchase the Skye Blue Kitchens Bake Bag Mix direct from skybluekitchens.co.nz
While you’re there, load up on some of their other fabulous gluten-free and cake mixes.