Who are volunteers to us? They are our team. They make our riding therapy happen. They are our lifeline.
Tauranga RDA is growing; we have increasing demands on our services. We want to offer equine therapy to anyone with disabilities and social challenges so every person is supported to live life to their full potential.
Tauranga RDA runs six days per week and currently has 80 volunteers supporting our riders. With 135 riders coming through each week, our operation wouldn’t be possible without those volunteer numbers.
We are lucky to be based in a supportive community which is volunteer-focused. The question is, why pick us to give your time to?
- We will give you a genuine volunteer experience; your time with Tauranga RDA will be a worthwhile time investment. You can give as much, or as little, as you can fit into your lifestyle.
- You will be part of a big RDA team, as well as part of a smaller daily team, where you will make friends, have fun and have a positive effect on the lives of the riders.
- The work is interesting, varied, challenging and rewarding.
- You will be involved in an organisation that is passionate and committed to its cause of offering equine therapy to better the lives of their clients.
- You will be involved in a place of belonging and community.
If you are interested in volunteering for us, you need no previous experience – we will give you full training. A desire to work with our riders and the horses is the most important thing. Come along for a visit and see if Tauranga RDA is somewhere you feel you can invest your time.